Detox Your Body for Good HealthMay 1, 2019 0 By Anthony Ekanem
If you are feeling lethargic or just not up to par, and are struggling with other problems such as acne, chronic pain, heartburn and other digestive issues, it may be time to try a body detox. Even if you’re simply overweight and/or addicted to eating the wrong types of food, a body detox can go a long way in helping you get on the right track.
Body detox plans have been around for a long time. In order to properly detoxify, no matter what type you choose to try, the important thing is to be mindful of what goes into your body. In addition to that, take time to get rest, meditate and incorporate slow and careful movements into your life such as yoga or non-competitive walking or swimming.
When you detox your body by feeding it with high nutrient-dense food, or even eliminating all food for a period of time, you help your body heal itself. Controlling exactly what you put into your body will help to reset your organs, stimulate the liver, promote elimination, improve circulation, and refuel the body with high nutrition.
Here is what a detox can do:
- Increases Energy – If you want to bring back your energy, a detox may be in order. Improving the amount of vitamins you can get through your digestive system can have an amazing effect on your energy.
- Rids Body of Waste – When you detox, it gives digestion a break and enables your body to rid itself of extra waste that may be causing bloating or other problems. If you experience a lot of issues with elimination, a detox can help cure those problems.
- Boosts Weight Loss – Most people lose at least a few pounds during a detox, and a good detox can kick-start any weight loss diet. The main reason is that during a detox you usually eat fewer calories, salt, and other things that can cause bloating. It also helps you with the mental blocks that losing weight can bring up.
- Helps Increase Immunity – Any time you get more nutrients into your body in the form of natural substances, you will turn your immune system on stronger than ever. Most people who practice regular body detoxes are more aware of nutrition and proper vitamin intake than the general population.
- Mends Skin Problems – Skin problems can be caused by a whole host of toxins in food and in the environment. Slowing down digestion needs is a great way to redirect the natural healing properties in your body toward repairing problem skin.
- Encourages Healthy Changes – When you’re having trouble saying no to things you know aren’t healthy; like that double bacon burger, for instance. Detoxing the body can help you get over those cravings fast. And once you’re over those cravings, you can start eating healthier.
- Improves Mental Clarity – You’d be surprised at how the additives in your food can affect your mind. If you feel a cloud is covering your brain function, you can lift it with a good detox. Some people claim that a good detox makes them a lot smarter and helps them figure out tough problems.
- Brings Life Back to Hair – Your hair needs nutrients that help make it look healthy. People who eat well and avoid chemicals can make their hair look amazing in just 90 days. Even water fasting, which eliminates chemicals and can often rid people of skin issues, can help improve the hair.
These benefits are sure to make you want to do a detox of some kind as soon as possible. And, the benefits listed really are only the tip of the iceberg. The reason is that each person is an individual with issues that no one else has. You may experience completely different benefits from detoxing the body than someone else.
Luckily there are many forms of detox that you can do to get the type of benefit that you need. But, let’s first look in more detail at how you can tell that you need a detox.
Do You Need a Detox?
Choosing to go on a detoxing adventure totally depends on where you are in your own mind and whether you’re ready to do it or not. But if you are experiencing any of the following issues, you should highly consider trying a detox.
- Fatigue – You don’t feel energetic and you get tired out fast, even when you’re trying to have fun. You have to drink a lot of coffee or energy drinks to get through your day. It really is not normal to have to drink caffeinated beverages to get through the day.
- Constipation – Poor elimination is a really good sign you need a detox. Most people need to move their bowels a minimum of once a day. If you’re not, you are probably experiencing tummy discomfort and may be even severe constipation issues.
- Skin Issues – Rashes, acne, itchy skin, dry skin, dandruff and other problems with your skin can be a sign of deeper issues. Plus, they are not comfortable and can even be embarrassing. Doing a detox can help immensely with these problems and even cure a lot of them.
- Allergies – Many people suffer from all kinds of allergies and sometimes they don’t even know what is causing it. If you have stomach discomfort, heartburn, rashes and other issues that you can’t identify, it can be due to allergies. A detox can help you identify what is causing the allergy.
- Infections – If you often get colds, low-grade infections, and have unexplained illnesses, a detox should help you eliminate some of these problems. The right type of detox will improve your immune system.
- Under-Eye Puffiness or Circles – Sometimes issues show up under your eyes in the form of puffy dark circles. It’s not always due to lack of sleep; sometimes it’s due to other health issues.
- Unexplained Bloating – If you get bloated often when you eat or even when you don’t eat, and the doctor hasn’t given you any confirmed diagnosis, a detox might be something that works for you to improve this situation.
- Menstrual Problems – Irregular periods, too heavy periods, painful periods, and other issues can sometimes be caused by the things that are in your diet, especially dairy products. Eliminating dairy and sometimes trying an even more restrictive detox can do wonders for these issues.
- Mental Problems – If you have trouble remembering things, feel anxious, nervous, confused or just out of sorts, a proper detox can help you improve these issues. It can be surprising how much toxins that are in everyday products can affect your mental clarity.
- Just Want to Improve Health – Even if you don’t notice anything specific, doing a full body detox can still help you see and feel improvements in your health, mental clarity and life.
A detox can help jump-start a healthy new lifestyle if you want to start eating better and doing things more healthily. It can also help eliminate issues, rid your body of toxins and make you feel better overall.