Lose Weight, Live HealthyApril 9, 2019
Losing weight isn’t always easy, and as a result, it can have a negative effect on your self-esteem. It is, however, important for you to main the normal weight for more than cosmetic reasons. You need to maintain the proper health for many health reasons. In a society like ours, where people put such an importance on the way we look, feeling unattractive can lead to serious depression. While not all overweight people get depressed, some are, in fact, quite happy the way they are, it can lead to serious emotional and mental problems in addition to the other health problems.
It can be difficult to determine how much weight you need to lose to be healthy. You should realize, however, that you don’t have to lose weight if you’re not actually overweight. More important than weight, is the amount of fat content you have in your body and where that fat has accumulated. Sometimes, you have weight gain because you’ve started working out and developed muscles. Muscles are heavier than fat, so don’t be shocked if all that exercise has reduced inches but increased weight. If this is the case, there’s no problem at all and you don’t have to worry about losing that weight.
While being too worried about our weight can be a problem too, knowing you’re overweight and taking the steps to reduce that weight is important. There are many benefits to losing weight. Here are a few of them:
- Reduces your risk of long-term health problems that could shorten your life. These include health problems such as diabetes and cardiovascular disease. Usually, this is the main reason people find to lose weight.
- Feeling better, healthier, and having more energy. You’ll be able to take the stairs, or walk from the far end of the parking lot without losing your breath.
- Less pain in your joints. Problems such as osteoarthritis in your knees and pain and swelling in your ankles can greatly be reduced. Being overweight puts a strain on them that you will feel greatly reduced when you lose weight.
- Many times when you lose weight, especially if you’re diabetic or have high blood pressure, your doctor will be able to take you off your medication. Not only will you be healthier and not taking so much medication, you’ll save a lot of money at the pharmacy counter.
- You’ll feel better about yourself as you gradually join the people with smaller mid sections. Your self-esteem will increase. You’ll find yourself interacting with others in a whole new way.
- When you are eating out with co-workers you won’t be overeating, so it could advance your career. Believe it or not, behaviour specialists have studied this, and they found that eating healthy gives you the impression of a person that is outcome driven. This is something supervisors look for. When they see it in you, they take a closer look at you as an employee. Don’t be surprised if you’re looked at for a promotion you never thought you’d get.
- Save money — This is a given. If you eat less, naturally you won’t be buying as much food when you eat out and when you eat at home. You’ll save money all the way around. You could even put aside the extra money you normally spend on food. When your weight loss is complete, you could have enough money for a whole new wardrobe or a nice vacation to treat yourself. After all, you’ll look great. You will have worked hard, so you deserve a treat.
- Keep your sex drive and be more satisfied sexually — This is especially true for men. There have been studies that show if a man is around 30 pounds overweight, he can have testosterone levels of a man that is at least 10 years older. This reduces their sex drive. Other tests have also shown that people who are obese are much less satisfied with their sexual experiences. Sex is an important part of your life, especially for those in a relationship. You want to get the most out of it. Stay fit and you will.
- You can have more friends — Face it, overweight people can sometimes be outcasts. Sometimes, it’s self-inflicted, but other times, people just stay away from the “fat” person. When you lose weight, you’ll feel more like making friends. You’ll be able to participate in more activities which will allow you to meet more people. You’ll make friends from circles you didn’t dream of before.
- Influence others — Sometimes, especially in spouses, one losing weight can be a positive influence on others and cause them to lose weight as well. If your children are overweight as well, it could be a genetic issue. Influencing them to begin losing weight before it gets as “out of control” as it is for you can give them a head start on the genetic problem and like Barney says, “Nip it!”
Abdominal obesity, also known as central obesity, is something that many people worldwide have problems with. Once you hit middle age, far too many people are plagued by those two dreaded words … belly fat. It can, however, also be a problem for children and teenagers.
Though no one likes belly fat, too often it is overlooked as just a symptom of age. It can, however, be a symptom of much, much more. It is not something you should just consider the price of getting older. It is something that should be taken seriously. This book provides tips on how to reduce belly fat naturally.